Sunday, August 26, 2012

End of August and off to China. On the 27th we leave Washington DC for a three day stay in San Francisco,  and then it is off to Shanghai, China, where we will live for two years. Where did the summer go? Not in this blog. It was quite pleasant and largely uneventful. Yesterday clouds rolled in overcast, carried by a cool wind that had leaves falling from the trees. It was a portent, autumn comes. Dad was here for five days, leaving yesterday in the wind and rain. I didn't tell him that he was my hero. Leif, my twin is here. We'll be together for two days still, as he's on the same flight to San Fran. Tor will meet us in San Fran for about a day. Shin and Solveig are asleep in bed because it is 6:30 in the morning. I could not sleep. Maybe the weight of the move to China has finally found me.


1 comment:

  1. I wish you had written more. I was really enjoying the blog ( I know you hate the word, but that's what it is).

    ReplyDelete